The San Francisco Yacht Club operates a year round facility including the harbor, a dry haul area, a full service restaurant and bar. The Club has a very active junior sailing program and all members are committed to the Corinthian traditions of yachting. The Club consists of three separate buildings, the Main Clubhouse, the Cove House, and the Sailing Center. Restrooms are available in all three buildings. Parking is available for members and their guests, and visitors to special functions. Periodically the parking lot is restricted to members only to accommodate the Club's needs.
The harbor consists of 190 berths and 50 dry-storage spaces, as well an a large youth sailing dock. Two boat hoists are available to members.
The current Club's main clubhouse was built in 1937 having relocated from its former facility in Sausalito. The San Francisco Yacht Club was founded in 1869 in China Basin in San Francisco. Today the club serves its very active and diverse membership needs by providing club programs, events and facilities that have earned the respect as being one of the leading Yacht Clubs in the country. In addition to the striking views offered from its clubhouse, the club has one of the finest boat anchorages on the Bay. Only Club members are allowed to rent slips at the Club.
The clubhouse and offices are open Wednesday through Sunday although the docks and grounds are accessible at any time. Members can enjoy the many dining services offered in addition to the many formal and informal social events that the club is known for hosting. The heart and soul of any yacht club is its sailing activities. SFYC members are well known for their sailing, powerboating and rowing accomplishments.
SFYC offices are located in the following buildings:Main Clubhouse
- General Manager
- Front Office
- Opened in July 2020
- Private spaces for meetings, events, awards ceremonies and more
- Harbormaster (separate building south of main Sailing Center)
- Director of Sailing
- Youth Sailing
- Race Administrator